The Snap program was established to help millions of low-income citizens across the United States of America to feed averagely. All over the United States, this program has recorded over 9 million children who have been enrolled in the program. This is the famous program once known as food stamps. However, it exercises this benefit via card in the form of debit card (Electronic benefits transfer, EBT). This replaced the paper coupons that were the terminal chain for distributing the benefits to the beneficiaries.
Furthermore, the NJ Snap is simply the Snap program in the city of New Jersey. NJ is standing in as Jersey City which means that this program is managed by the United States government across the states of the nation. New Jersey supplemental nutrition assistance program Aids assistance for families with low income. This is to help them afford food items and groceries using the benefit card. This card is accepted in most retail stores and farmers’ markets in New Jersey. You are to meet up with the criteria to be able to enjoy this program’s benefit for your kids and family.
Eligibility status for NJ Snap
This program just permits only eligible citizens to benefit from it. Now, who are the eligible ones? It starts from the SNAP household. This classifies anyone who eats and lives together as a SNAP household. Now each of the household members will qualify for this when they are up to 18 years old.
Like I said earlier, not everyone is eligible to this program. We refer to these criteria as eligibility factors. They include Household Size, Income ratio, resource,s and more. Here is the standard for the above eligibility factors:
- Firstly, for a household size of 1 – the maximum income allowed is $1, 926.
- Secondly, for a household size of 2 – The maximum allowable income is $2, 607.
- For a Household size of 3 – The maximum allowable income is $3, 289.
- Fourthly, for a household size of 4 – The maximum allowable income is $4, 652.
- For a household size of 5 – The maximum allowable income is $5, 333.
- Also, For a Household size of 6 – The maximum allowable income is $6, 015.
- Lastly, For a household size of 7 – The maximum allowable income is $6, 696
Note: when there is an additional member, added $682. You can also screen for NJ nap to know your eligibility status.
Apply for NJ SNAP | Methods of application
Now that you have discovered your eligibility status, applying for the program is the next hint. There are three ways of applying for this program and they include:
For each of those methods, you are expected to provide your household name, income and resources, and personal information. The online application will require you to download the application form online. When filled out, you will have to take to the county board of social services. If it came by mail, you also need to download the application form and then mail it to your county board of service. Download the application form on this platform https://www.state.nj.us/humanservices/njsnap/docs/wfnj-1j/WFNJ-1JEnglish.pdf.
How to apply for Welfare in NJ
Here are the easy application steps for this program;
- Fill out the application. Following the above link to the form application, you can grab your own form and fill it out.
- A phone or in-person interview. Now that you have submitted the application form, your county board of service will have to examine your eligibility for 30 days. Now the interview comes up. This interview can either be in person or over the phone.
- Submit your verifications. Here are some of the verification details you need: a valid ID, proof of where you live, earned income, unearned income, proof of resources, social security number, immigration status, and proof of students’ status.
in case you don’t have a complete of these details for your verification, you can still apply.