Do you have an idea of what iCloud is all about? Before we talk of how to access iCloud let’s look into what is iCloud? iCloud is cloud storage designed to handle cloud computing services. It was launched by Apple Inc. on October 12, 2011.
The essence of this is to enable users to store data such as documents, photos, videos, music and some other important Doc of any user. You can as well remote this server as a default download for your iOS, macOS or Windows devices to share and send data to other users and to enable them to manage their Apple devices if it gets lost.
How to Access iCloud
However, there are several ways to access iCloud correspondingly to the type of your device. iCloud can boost of having about 850 million users and more according to their estimate. You can as well access this with your devices such as iPhone, iPad, Mac and via the web as the case may be.
You can get here on iPhone, iPad, Mac and the web. This tool or platform is a platform where you replicate your files in your devices which you can access only when you handle a new device in order to recover your files.
How to Access iCloud on iPhone and iPad
Just as I mentioned earlier, there are a lot of ways to handle the issue of accessing iCloud on your iPhone and iPad.
- Open the Settings app in your device and click on apple ID that bears your name and image assuming you have made one for yourself.
- Locate the iCloud option in the second section of the menu and click on it.
- Choose the type of data you want to store on the iCloud. For more eye on other options, scroll down to see apps that can access this tool.
- You can as well sync all the apps for iCloud. Then toggle on the right side of the app that you want to sync.
- Navigate to the bottom of the page and click on iCloud backup to automatically make cloud backup of your iPhone and iPad.
If you scroll down further, you will manage all the third-party apps that are using iCloud and afterward, you have successfully synced your iPhone and iPad to iCloud.
How to Access iCloud on Mac
To access you iCloud on Mac, join the below steps;
- Launch your Mac and click the Apple menu
- Load the system preferences.
- Click on iCloud and tick the iCloud drive to enable it.
If you have done this, then all your documents and app in your Mac are stored and backed up in the iCloud and you can access them when you need it.
How to Access iCloud on Windows
For you to access your iCloud on windows, you will at first need to set up iCloud on all your Apple devices.
- First, download iCloud for Windows and install it.
- Open the iCloud.
- Provide your Apple ID to sign in to the iCloud.
- Select the features and content that you wish to save for further usage and finally, click “Apply”.
How to Access iCloud on Web Browser
Look further to the below guidelines.
- Launch your web browser and search for iCloud.com.
- Type in your email address and the associated password of your Apple ID.
- Click on the Next arrow to fill the password.
- Enter the verification code and click on the iCloud drive.
You can now view your files from the web browser and also download them into your device. With this method, you can easily download your stored data into your current device.