HIDING YOUR STORIES ON INSTAGRAM. In cases where you do not want someone specific to see your Instagram stories. You can add them to your Hide from Story List.
When you hide stories from followers, they will be. Able to see your regular posts in their home feed, view your profile and interact with. You but they will not see your stories appear in their stories feed or on your profile. This is preferable to blocking them or removing them as a follower.
Hiding stories from certain people can be done by adjusting your settings thus:
- Open the Instagram app and tap the profile icon in the button menu to go to your profile.
- Secondly, tap the menu icon in the top right corner
- Thirdly, tap Settings
- Fourthly, tap Privacy
- Also, tap Story under Interactions
- Tap Hide Story
- Then, tap the circle to the right of any name to apply a blue checkmark to anyone you want to hide your story from
- Lastly, tap Done on iOS or the blue checkmark on Android in the top right. Anyone included in your Hide Story from list won’t see your stories appear in their stories feed on the home tab or circled on your profile.
These instructions work for both iOS and Android devices. However, hiding people from viewing your story can only be done on the mobile app and not on the web at Instagram.com
HIDING INSTAGRAM STORIES FROM FOLLOWERS FROM THE VIEWER LIST
You can see who has viewed your stories that are currently posted. On noticing someone in the view who you do not want viewing your stories, you can hide them thus:
- Tap to view one of your stories, then tap the seen by X view at the button to see a list of followers that have viewed the story.
- Search for the follower you want to hide your stories from and tap the three dots that appear to the right of their name
- Tap Hide from [Name]
They become automatically added to your Hide Story From list, which one can access from settings
You can only hide current followers from your stories.
Sometimes you may see your story appearing on a location page or a hashtag page, which you can see at the top of the view counter. To hide it from appearing here, you tap the X to the right of the location or hashtag page.
If you prefer to share certain stories with a smaller group of people, you can consider Instagram’s Close Friends feature, which allows you to share only to a following chosen by you.
Consider making your Instagram private because in public, you may see people who are not following you also viewing your stories.