ICQ is an instant messaging client that was first developed in 1996. The name ICQ derives from the English phrase “I Seek You”. It was acquired by AOL and became famous for group chat in the early days of the internet. The platform still thrives as a popular place to make new friends and hosts a variety of free chat rooms that cover common interests like location, language, and fun pop trends like Pokémon. You can visit their site at icq.com. Also, if you want to learn how to Download ICQ 7 for Windows, here is a simple guide for you.
HOW TO Download ICQ 7 for Windows
- Firstly, navigate your Internet Explorer or Firefox web browser to the ICQ 7 download website, http://download.icq.com/download/ then click “Download” to continue.
- Next, a dialogue window will appear prompting users to save the ICQ 7 download file. Click “Save” to continue downloading ICQ to your desktop.
- Thirdly, locate the ICQ 7 download file. Double-click the ICQ icon to begin the ICQ installation on your Windows PC.
- Next, a dialogue window will appear prompting users to accept the ICQ 7 license agreement.
These license agreements typically outline the liabilities and responsibilities of the IM client’s parent company and the user is using the IM client software. It’s recommended to read these license agreements fully before installing any software.
- Also, check the radio box next to the statement which reads “I accept the terms of the agreement” to continue installing ICQ. Hit “Next” to continue.
- Next, ICQ 7 users will be prompted to choose their installation options.
To install ICQ using the general installation, click “Next” to continue. To select your ICQ installation options, click “Customize Installation.” Custom installation allows you to, among other items, switch your web browser search to ICQ Search.
- Once you have chosen your installation options, click “Next” to continue installing ICQ.
- Your ICQ 7 installation will now commence. The ICQ installation should only take a few moments.
- Following the installation of ICQ 7, users will have the opportunity to launch ICQ 7 and add an ICQ icon in quick launch and the desktop.
- Click “Finish” to end the ICQ installation.
Congratulations — You Now Have ICQ 7!
Your ICQ 7 download is now complete.
ICQ users can sign in to their ICQ 7 IM client or sign up for a new account by clicking the “New? Register here” link on the ICQ Buddy List.