No matter how much you pay for data to access the internet on your phone, it’s not a bad idea to monitor your mobile data usage. It’s actually a good way to manage your spendings also. If you want to avoid excess data usage charges on your smartphone or tablet, here are some popular Mobile Data Monitoring Apps that can help you do that; some of the Mobile Data Monitoring Apps are free while others charge a small fee.
https://www.hongkiat.com › blog › mobile-apps-to-mo…
5 Best Apps to Monitor Mobile Data Usage · My Data Manager · RadioOpt Traffic Monitor & 3G/4G Speed · Glasswire Data Usage Monitor · Data Usage.
https://www.androidauthority.com › best-data-apps-and…
10 best data apps for storing and monitoring your data · AirDroid · Google Drive · MiXplorer Silver · Resilio Sync · Solid Explorer.
Top 5 Apps for Monitoring Mobile Data Usage – Lifewire
https://www.lifewire.com › Mobile Phones › Android
Top 5 Apps for Monitoring Mobile Data Usage · Avoid excess data usage charges on your smartphone or tablet · Data Usage · DataMan · My Data Manager …
https://www.techrepublic.com › Topic › Mobility
Apps to help you monitor data usage on your mobile device · My Data Manager · DataMan Next · Onavo Count · Onavo Extend · Data Monitor · Data Usage
https://apps.apple.com › app › my-data-manager-VPN-s…
My Data Manager is a complete mobile data tracker, monitoring your usage in real-time, so you know exactly which of your interfaces is …
Data Usage App (sigterm.biz)
The Data Usage app is easy to install and uses theme colors that change to reflect current usage status. The app includes all the essential features of a data monitoring system:
- Firstly, the ability to track overtime periods that match a user’s billing cycles
- Secondly, separate tracking for real-time monitoring of cellular and Wi-Fi data
- Thirdly, historical usage reports
- Fourthly, the ability to set thresholds and receive notifications for exceeded limits.
- Lastly, predicts when you will go over your limits and sets daily quotas
An available Data Usage Pro app for iOS includes additional options for configuring customized trackers that might appeal to techies.
The iOS app requires iOS 9.0 or later. The Android app requirements vary by device.
3G Watchdog – Data Usage App. 3gwatchdog.fr
Developed years ago originally for 3G, the app supports newer 4G connections as well as Wi-Fi connections. 3G Watchdog and 3G Watchdog Pro are usage managers for Android mobile devices. They provide a helpful option that automatically turns off cellular network access when usage exceeds a defined threshold.
The Pro version supports reporting usage per application, historical charting, and the ability to ignore uploads to match how some providers do billing. It includes advanced data usage prediction and tracks multiple SIM cards automatically.
Download requirements vary by device.
Note: The Google Play download screen for 3G Watchdog and 3G Watchdog Pro lists a few known problems with specific phone models.
DataMan Pro – www.xvision.me/dataman
The DataMan Pro app for iOS devices bills itself as “your superweapon against overage.” This app reports usage not only for a device’s cellular communication but also for Wi-Fi connections. Key features include:
- Firstly, tracks LTE, 4G, 3G, and Wi-Fi
- Secondly, maps locations where you use data
- Thirdly, supports rollover and carryover data
- Fourthly, maintains an hourly and daily history
- Also, works with all carriers
- Next, generate a smart forecast to predict whether you’ll stay within your data cap
- Displays real-time stats
- Makes intelligent suggestions for usage limits
- Includes watchOS 4 app
DataMan Pro requires iOS 10.3 or later.
My Data Manager – mydatamanagerapp.com
Take control of your data with the My Data Manager app on your mobile device. Use the app every day to track how much data you are using and receive alerts before flying past your data limit. Its features include:
- Monitors mobile, roaming, and Wi-Fi
- Supports custom usage alarms to avoid overage charges
- Supports shared and family plans and tracks usage across all members’ devices
- Manages data across multiple devices
- Maintains history of data consumption
- Monitors apps to see which ones consume the most data each month
My Data Manager for Android requires Android 4.0 or later My Data Manager for iOS requires iOS 10.2 or later.
- myAT&T – Data Usage. att.com
AT&T subscribers can use the myAT&T app to stay on top of their accounts, view official data usage reports for their accounts, and perform other account administration functions. Information for all accounts is available on the main screen of the app. Use the app to:
- Monitor your usage
- Manage your wireless account
- View billing details
- Pay your bill
- Upgrade your phone or plan
- Make changes to your plan
The myAT&T for Android app requires Android 5.0 and up, and myAT&T for iOS is compatible with iOS 9.3 or later.
- My Verizon Mobile. verizonwireless.com
Verizon Wireless subscribers can use the My Verizon app to check official data usage against plan limits. It works best with recent or unlimited plans. It offers basic data monitoring capability, and you can:
- Firstly, use the apps data hub as a data control center
- Secondly, review and manage your plan. Switch to a different plan or go Unlimited from the app.
- Thirdly, view and pay your bill from the app
- Fourthly, gain on-demand support
- Shop for new devices and accessories
- Check-in for appointments in a Verizon store
- Scan items in a Verizon store for self-checkout
The My Verizon for Android app requirement varies by device. The My Verizon for iOS is compatible with iOS 9.0 or later.