The Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) is an American media franchise focused on a series of superhero films, independently produced by Marvel Studios.
It includes comic books, short films, television series, and digital series.
The first MCU film was Iron Man in 2008. The first three phases in the franchise are collectively known as “The Infinity Saga”. The films of phase four will begin with Black Widow (2020) and is set to conclude with Thor: Love and Thunder (2022)
The franchise has been commercially successful and has generally received a positive critical response.
In February 2014, Kelvin Feige, Marvel’s studio chief, stated that Marvel studios want to mimic the “rhythm” that the comic books have developed, by having the characters appear in their films and then come together, much like a big event or crossover series.
Concerning the crossover series like the Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy and others, Kelvin Feige said in his very own words “its never been done before and that’s the kind of spirit everyone is talking about.
https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com › guide › marvel-m…
Starting with Captain America: The First Avenger and Captain Marvel and into Black Widow and Endgame, here’s how to watch Marvel movies in chronological …
https://www.gamesradar.com › Features
How to watch the Marvel movies in order – chronological order · 1. Captain America: The First Avenger (1942-1943) · 2. Captain Marvel (1995)
https://www.radiotimes.com › Movies
How to watch the Marvel movies in chronological timeline · Captain America: The First Avenger (1942) · Captain Marvel (1995) · Iron Man
https://www.techradar.com › How-to › Entertainment
Chronological order — How to watch the Marvel movies in chronological order ; Captain America: The First Avenger – takes place during WWII ; Captain Marvel
The other filmmakers aren’t used to getting actors from other movies that other filmmakers have cast, certain plot lines that are connected or certain locations that are connected but I think everyone was on board for it and thinks that it’s fun.
Primarily because we’ve always remained consistent saying that the movie that we making comes first. All of the stuff is fun and is going to be very important if you want it to be”.
On expanding the characters in the universe and letting individual films breathe and work on their own, Feige stated, it’s about ” teaching the general movie-going audience about the notion of the characters existing separately, coming together for specific events and going away, existing separately in their worlds again”.
On the potential for “superhero fatigue”, the Marvel Studios have done movies completely different from the normal superhero stuff. This includes Civil War and Doctor Strange.
HOW TO WATCH THE MARVEL MOVIES IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER
The main reason to watch the Marvel movies like this is that one gets to see important events as they unfold in the movie series.
This is the chronological viewing order:
- Captain America: The First Avenger (takes place during WW11)
- Captain Marvel (takes place in 1995)
- Iron Man (takes place in 2010)
- Iron Man 2( takes place after Iron man)
- The Incredible Hulk (time unspecified, pre-Avengers)
- Thor (takes place six months before the Avengers )
- The Avengers (takes place in 2012)
- Iron Man 3 (takes place six months after the Avengers)
- Thor: Dark World (Post-Avengers, Pre-Ultron)
- Captain America: Winter Soldier (Post Avengers, Pre-Ultron)
- Guardians of the Galaxy (sometime in 2014)
- Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 (after Guardians)
- Avengers: Age of Ultron (takes place in 2015)
- Ant-Man (takes place in 2015)
- Captain America: Civil War (Post Ultron, Pre-Infinity War)
- Spider-Man: Homecoming (Post Civil War, Pre-Infinity war)
- Doctor Strange (takes place in 2016)
- Black Panther (takes place in 2017)
- Thor: Ragnarok (Post- Ultron, Pre-Infinity War)
- Avengers: Infinity War (takes place in 2017)
- Spider-Man: Far from home (Post Endgame)
Other Marvel movies to be released include Black Widow, The Eternals, Thor: Live and Thunder and Black Panther 2.