TWITTER is one of the most popular social networking sites. TWITTER offers a great avenue for keeping up with friends, making and sharing posts, sharing experiences at live events, and tracking current and breaking news.
Posting an update is referred to as tweeting. The post itself is called a tweet.
How To Use Twitter: Critical Tips For New Users | WIRED
https://www.wired.com › story › how-to-setup-twitter-s…
Step 1: Go to Twitter.com or download the app and sign up for an account. The “Full name” that you provide will be your display name, but unlike …
26 Twitter Tips for Beginners You’ll Wish You Knew Sooner
https://sproutsocial.com › … › All Networks › Twitter
Speaking of engaging, a simple way to get started is to join in on trending topics. Take a look at the trending topics on Twitter, which ..
7 steps to get started on Twitter | Twitter Help
https://help.twitter.com › twitter-guide › topics › 7-steps...
Set up your profile · 2. Follow at least 10 people · 3. Follow at least 3 Topics · 4. Visit Explore · 5. Like a tweet · 6. Download the app · 7. Turn on push …
Twitter for Beginners: The Complete Guide – Wix.com
https://www.wix.com › blog › 2016/10 › twitter-guide-…
Step 1: Set Up Your Profile · Step 2: Follow Some People · Step 3: Understand the Twitter Lingo · Step 3: Decide What Content to Tweet About · Step …
To create a Tweet:
- Select Tweet
- Type your message in the Compose new tweet window. A circle in the lower-right corner of the text feed tracks how close you are to reaching the 280-character limit
- To reference another user if you want, type the @symbol and add the Twitter handle name or Twitter profile name.
- Add a hashtag to the post. The hashtag is an established keyword with the symbol #. For example, a comment about the football match between two English clubs could use something like #EnglishPremierLeague or #EPL.
There are lists that publish existing hashtags and you can also create one of your own
- Select Tweet to publish your post. This will be seen by your followers and visitors
FOLLOWING OTHER TWITTER ACCOUNTS
Twitter offers suggestions for other Twitter accounts to follow as part of the signup process. On the following someone, their tweets show up in your feed. Other ways to find new users include:
- Going to the search box and entering the person’s name. This occurs when you are searching for a particular person. A list of matching names display. Choose the specific one, then go to their profile and select follow.
- Sometimes a Twitter user mentions another user in a tweet. You can select the handle name of the mentioned user, and then decide to follow if you wish.
- There is a Who to follow list on the right side of the home screen. To follow one, select follow next to their name.
REPLYING TO A TWEET
To reply to a tweet, follow the enumerated steps:
- Select the dialog balloon icon in the lower-left corner of a tweet
- Type your response in the text field in the Reply to the dialog box. The handle of the person you are replying to appears at the top of the field
- Select Reply
DELETING A TWEET
To delete a Tweet:
- Go to the upper-right and select your profile photo or icon, then choose profile
- Select the dropdown arrow and choose Delete Tweet on the tweet you want to delete
- Confirm you want to delete the tweet. It gets deleted from your account and from the timeline of any account following you.
RETWEETING ANOTHER USER’S POST
To retweet, a post is to share the post of a user with others. It could be a post you consider worthy or funny. Retweeting is done by:
- Select the Retweet icon
- A dialog box appears where you can include a comment and select Tweet or simply select Retweet without including a comment
- The post appears on your profile page and on the timeline of your followers.
Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Wikipedia, LinkedIn, Pinterest