AOL Instant Messenger, AIM, provides a gateway to chat with your contacts on other social platforms such as Facebook and ICQ. If you’re a regular AIM user, am sure you’ve already discovered that part. Well, it’s about to get better. Google Chat is also known as GTalk has also been added to the list. You can now Connect Google Chat and AIM In just three easy steps, you can connect Google chat and AIM in a single IM client, or add individual Gtalk friends to your contacts.
Gmail has integrated chat functionality that automatically connects and talks with Google Talk, a VoIP (voice over IP), and instant messaging service by …
Then Google integrated chat directly into Gmail, built a web-based … of contacts who use other services, like AIM, Yahoo, and even (gasp!)
https://lifehacker.com › channel-the-aim-era-by-setting-…
Channel the AIM Era by Setting a Status in Gmail and Google Chat … Here, you can choose to write your own status, and add an emoji with …
https://www.businessinsider.com › Tech Insider
https://gilsmethod.com › News
Adding Gtalk Contacts to AIM
To begin connecting Google chat and AIM,
- Firstly, select the “Options” menu, located on the top, right-hand corner of your AIM Buddy List.
- Secondly, from the drop-down menu, select “Add to Buddy List,” and then “Add Buddy” from the secondary menu.
- Thirdly, users can also press Ctrl+D on their keyboard for faster access.
- Next, an AIM dialogue window will appear prompting you to enter your Gtalk contact’s information.
- Also, from the drop-down menu, select “Google Talk Username,” and continue to enter their screen name, group, and account you would like to add them to if you have multiple AIM accounts connected.
- You can also select “More details” to add your contact’s name or nickname and mobile number.
- Click “Save” to continue connecting Google chat and AIM.
- Finally, check your AIM Buddy List and find the Gtalk contact.
- You may have to browse your offline contacts to ensure you have properly connected your friend(s) from Google chat and AIM.
how to Connect Google Chat and AIM
If the process of adding Gtalk contacts to AIM was easy, connecting Google Chat and AIM for seamless integration of the two IM clients is even easier. In this part, you will learn how to add access to your complete Gtalk contacts list to AIM in just two easy steps:
- Firstly, to begin connecting Google chat and AIM, select the “Options” menu, located on the top, right-hand corner of your AIM Buddy List.
- Secondly, from the drop-down menu, select “Add to Buddy List,” and then “Set up Google Talk” from the secondary menu.
- Next, you will be prompted to sign in to Gtalk from the AIM client. Enter your Google Talk screen name and password in the fields provided, and click “Sign In” to continue connecting Google Chat and AIM together.
- Next, you have now completed your connection between Google Chat and AIM. To verify the connection, locate the new “Google Friends” group, which has been added to your AIM Buddy List.
You can now send and receive IMs with friends on Gtalk using the AIM IM client.