Setting up a business as an LLC in Florida requires that you understand how it works, the payment options, how to sign the online form. You need to learn how to get a copy of your LLCs articles of organization, as well as how to correct a rejected filing, etc. Thus, if you are in Florida and want to structure your business as a Florida Limited Liability Company, here are some of the important things you need to know.
Now let’s head over and see how you can create a Florida limited liability company:
How to Create a Florida Limited Liability Company
In order to successfully create a Florida limited liability company (LLC OR correct your rejected filing online, here’s what you have to do:
- Go through the instructions for filing the Articles of Organization.
- Get all the information needed to complete the form.
- Have a valid form of payment.
Payment Options to File the Articles of Organization Online
To file the articles of organization online, the payment options that are accepted are:
- Credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover).
- Debit card (Visa or MasterCard logo).
- Prepaid Sunbiz E-File Account.
Now how you find out if the name you intend to use is already in use?
Want to Know if the LLC Name is Already in Use?
To know if the LLC name you want to use in already in use, search Florida records to ascertain if the name is distinguishable and available for you to use.
If you don’t want to File Online Can you Print and Mail your Application and Payment?
Yes, you can, if you do not want to file online, you can print the Articles of Organization for Florida Limited Liability Company (PDF) application, and mail same with a check or money order. All payments by credit card must use the online application.
What Confirmation will I Get that My Filing was Accepted?
You will be sent a confirmation letter (which includes the LLCs name, assigned document number, filed date, and it’s the effective date if requested). Your Certificate of status and/or Certified Copy will also be included if you choose to purchase those items.
Now here is what you need to know about online filing:
- For the online filing, you will receive your filing confirmation by email at the address you specified.
- You will have your confirmation sent to you immediately the document is examined and approved by the Division of Corporations.
- You will not get a confirmation by U.S. Mail.
Filings by Mail
- You will receive your confirmation by U.S. Mail.
- It will be addressed to the mailing address you entered on the application form.
How to Sign the Online Form
Here’s what you need to know about signing an online form.
To sign the online form:
- Entering your name in the signature block is sufficient pursuant to s.15.16, F.S.
- Electronic signatures carry the same legal effect as original signatures.
- Entering someone’s name (signature) without permission constitutes a forgery.
Want to get a copy of your LLCs Articles of Organization? here is what you need to know:
How to Get a Copy of your LLCs Articles of Organization
To get a copy of your LLCs Articles of Organization, once your Articles of Organization have been processed and posted, you can download an image of the report from free of charge.
What could be the possible reason why your filing will be rejected?
Why Your Filing Could be Rejected
Since the Division of Corporations is required to examine your document for minimum statutory filing requirements, if you received a rejection notice, then your application did meet one or more of those requirements.
How to Correct a Rejected Filing
To correct a rejected filing, enter your tracking number and PIN (given in the rejection email) in the Correct Articles of Organization form.
New Florida Limited Liability Company Fees
Articles of Organization $100.00
Registered Agent Designation $25.00
Certified Copy (optional) $30.00
Certificate of Status (optional) $5.00