Back in the day, if you want to watch a movie, you have to go to a store to rent video cassettes. Later these video cassettes were replaced with VCDs and currently DVDs. They were rented for a price, watched, and returned within fixed days. Currently, the advent of online sites, Redbox On Demand for downloading movies seems to have replaced those days. But those moments can actually be relived in this present day through Redbox. They provide a platform for DVD, Blu-ray, and video game rentals via automated retail kiosks.
Redbox not only lets you rent physical DVDs that you pick up and drop off at a “Box,” but also has a collection of online movies and TV shows that you can stream right at home without using a DVD. With Redbox On Demand, you don’t need to pay subscription fees, you only pay specifically for any movie of your choice.
They also offer a service known as Redbox On Demand. This is a movie streaming service similar to other streaming services like Hulu, Amazon Prime, and Vudu, but the video selections and ease of use between each service are definitely unique.
Redbox On Demand
To take away the stress of leaving your house to visit a Redbox kiosk to rent videos and return them afterward, Redbox On Demand was introduced.
Redbox On Demand is simply a video streaming service that lets you buy and rent movies and TV shows that you can watch from home, some of which are available for just a couple of bucks. This service is much like Redbox’s physical DVD service in that you get to choose exactly what you want to pay for, on-demand, any time you want. However, this instant, online streaming feature lets you watch movies and TV shows from the comfort of your home. Redbox On Demand can play your rented or purchased movies and shows right on your computer, TV, phone, and tablet.
All you have to do is download the Redbox app on your device and then log in to your account to access your movies and TV shows. Redbox On Demand makes it really easy to find movies and shows to rent and buy. There are whole categories of genres that you can browse through, reviews from other users that let you see how they liked it, and even an option to find movies with a specific rating like PG-13 or G-rated movies.
Features of Redbox On Demand
- Firstly, there aren’t any subscription options. You pay for each movie, TV show season, or TV show episode that you want to watch.
- Secondly, there’s a 30-day time frame during which you must start streaming a rented Redbox movie. Once you begin, you have 48 hours before it expires – you can watch the video as many times as you like during that period.
- Thirdly, you can buy movies if you want to keep them forever.
- Fourthly, not all movies are available for rent; some are only viewable if you purchase them.
- Also, videos can be downloaded to your computer, tablet, or phone for offline playback.
- Next, you can stream a maximum of two movies simultaneously from the same account, which means you can stream a Redbox movie from one device while someone else uses the same account to watch a movie on their device.
- Redbox On Demand works on your computer, iOS, and Android device, Smart TV, and Roku, and can be streamed to other devices like the Google Chromecast.
- Video progress is saved to your account so that you can stop watching a video on one device and then resume it later on another device.
- Redbox On Demand lets you earn Play Pass points that can be used to rent movies from a kiosk.
How to Rent or Buy Movies and TV Shows With Redbox On Demand
- From your computer, visit the On-Demand Movies page on Redbox’s website (www.redbox.com).
- Find the movie you want to rent or buy. Use the genre list to look for movies in specific categories like Comedy and Romance (among several others). There’s also a ‘New Releases’ and ‘Most Popular’ section, as well as a full list of all of the Redbox On Demand movies with filtering options to find the cheapest movies, movies with a certain rating, and more. You can see a summary of the movie, read reviews from other users, look over the cast and crew list, and more.
- Click or tap the Rent On Demand or Buy On Demand button on the right side of the movie’s page.
Some movies cannot be rented and can only be bought, so you might find that some video pages do not have the rent button available. One easy way to find rent-only movies is to use the “RENT” filter on the All Movies page.
- Firstly, choose the HD or SD option to decide between renting/buying the high-definition or standard-definition version. HD movies are more expensive.
- Secondly, login to your Redbox account or create a new account.
- Thirdly, enter your payment information or select a credit card previously used with your account.
- Fourthly, click/tap Pay when you’re ready to make the purchase.
- How to Buy TV Shows With Redbox On Demand
- Visit the On Demand TV page on your computer.
- Browse for and find the TV show or season you want to buy from Redbox. One easy way to find popular shows is to use the Popular TV page.
- Select the appropriate season from the drop-down menu.
- Click or tap the Buy On Demand button to the right of that page to get the full season, or choose to Buy next to any specific episode to buy just that one episode.
- Select either HD for the high-definition version of the show or SD to get the less expensive, standard-definition version.
- Login to your Redbox account if you already have, or make a new one to continue.
- Choose a payment option or enter new credit card details.
- Choose Pay to buy the video or season.
How to Watch Redbox On-Demand Movies and TV Shows
Videos you’ve rented through Redbox On Demand are stored in the My Library section of your account until they expire.
Here’s how to watch Redbox On Demand movies and TV shows you’ve rented:
- Visit the My Library area of your account, and log in to Redbox if asked.
- Hover your mouse over the video you want to stream, and choose Watch Now.
Note: Watching a video you’ve rented will immediately start the 48-hour window you have to watch it. Remember that you have 30 full days to keep the video in your account before you decide to watch it.
- If you’d rather not watch Redbox On Demand videos on your computer, you can download the Redbox app on your device to stream movies and TV shows there. See Redbox’s Set up your device page for more information.