Chevening Scholarship is available and open to new applicants. If you want to apply for a scholarship, you should know that Chevening Awards are highly competitive. However, for you to be accepted for the award is a mark of the potential of prestige.
The scholarships program is one of the most amazing international scholarships in the world. It gathers students with great leadership and educational potentials from over 160 countries.
However, I encourage you to read to the end, to discover more about the program.
Chevening Scholarships 2022/2023
The Chevening scholarship program is the UK government’s international award program, aim at developing global leaders.
The program is funded by the Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office (FCDO) and partner organizations.
Also, this scholarship provides influencers, decision-makers, and future leaders from across the globe. Which is a unique and rare opportunity to develop professionally and academically.
Application information and Tips
General Information to Note when applying for a Chevening scholarship
Grammatical structure: always make sure that your grammar is correct, and your sentences should be on point. However, cross-check to proofread your work and double-check your spelling.
Write about your Skills: in your writing, remember to include how you’ve used your skills to achieve something positive and remarkable. You can achieve this by using your own experiences to address the essay questions.
Curriculum Vitae: Make sure that your curriculum vitae (CV) is original. And it should be a true reflection of your life’s journey.
Other tips include;
- Avoid using bullet points to outline job responsibilities or your future plans. So table it down in full sentences and make your stories known.
- Your application should link an applicant’s chosen course of study to your previous experiences. And All your future aspirations and plans.
- You should endeavor to demonstrate leadership, influencing, and relationship-building skills.
Chevining Scholarship Requirements/ Eligibility
You will not get this award if you’re not eligible for the scholarship. So, to check if you’re eligible and qualify for the scholarship program, read below;
So, to be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory.
- Go back to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended.
- Complete all components of an undergraduate degree. Which will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate program at a UK university. This is equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honors degree in the UK, but may be different depending on your course and university choice.
- Have at least 2 years (equivalent to 2,800 hours) of work experience.
- Apply to 3 different eligible UK university courses, and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 14 July 2022.
How To Apply
Go to the official website at https://www.chevening.org/apply/
You can find awards in your country or territory
Use the below to find the awards available in your country/territory. Then, start by selecting your country of citizenship.
However, you can then refine your search depending on if you are applying for a scholarship or a fellowship.
Select your country/territory
Select award and click on SEARCH