Two-factor authentication provides an extra layer of security for your favorite apps. Accounts have to protected from hackers and the two-factor authentication or two-step verification is a way to go.
TWO FACTOR AUTHENTICATION FOR GOOGLE
The two-step verification protects all the accounts you use from Google. This includes Gmail, Google Drive, YouTube, and others. To set up the two-factor verification for Google:
- firstly, Navigate to Google’s two-factor authentication page on the web or on your mobile browser
- Secondly, Sign in to your Google account
- Tap on the blue Get Started button
- Add your country from the drop-down menu. Add your mobile phone number
- Choose to receive messages through automated phone calls or text messages
- Tap Next. A code will be texted or phoned to you
- Enter the code and tap Next
- Lastly, Tap Turn On to enable two-factor verification once the code is verified by Google
TWO FACTOR AUTHENTICATION FOR FACEBOOK
Enabling two-factor authentication for Facebook include:
- Firstly, Sign in to your Facebook account on the web or from the official mobile app
2.Secondly, On the web, click the downward arrow in the top right corner, then click Settings followed by Security and Login On the mobile app, tap the hamburger icon on the far right of the bottom menu, tap to view your profile, tap the three dots labelled More, tap View Privacy Shortcuts, tap More Settings and then tap Security and Login
- Move to Setting Up Extra Security, and tap Use two-factor authentication
- On the web, click Add Phone and confirm your number by entering in the code sent by text to you. On mobile, tap the checkbox beside the Two-factor sent to you to confirm your number
- Click Enable on the web once your phone number is set up or tap Close on mobile to finish the Setup process.
TWO FACTOR AUTHENTICATION FOR TWITTER
For setting up two-factor authentication on Twitter:
- firstly, Sign in to your Twitter account on the web or from the official mobile app
- Secondly, On the web, click your profile picture in the top right of the screen and click Settings and Privacy from the dropdown menu. On mobile app, tap the gear icon and tap Settings and Privacy from the menu that slides up
- Thirdly, On the web, scroll down to the Security Section and click add a phone under the login verification. On mobile, tap Account from the Settings and Privacy tab. Go to Security and turn on the login verification button so it turns green
- On the web, select your country, enter your phone contact and tap Continue. For the mobile app, tap Confirm and verify your password. Select your country, enter your phone number and tap Send code.
- Enter the code sent to you on the web and click Activate code. On mobile, enter the sent code and tap submit. Tap Done in the top right corner
- Lastly, Navigate back to Settings and Privacy on the web to check off the verified login requests. On mobile, navigate to your Settings and Privacy. Go to the account, then go to Security to make sure the login verification button is turned on.