at must have made you think of how to permanently delete your Whatsapp account? Ensure your decision is the right thing to do if you are having a hard time with your Whatsapp accountWh. Most times, people complain of some sort of annoying messaging especially from groups.
And all times, you will get notified of the unnecessary broadcasts which are of no relevance. You can permanently delete your Whatsapp account. Despite the unfussy circumstance, Whatsapp is a free app on Smartphone devices such as android, iOS and as well use it on your computer. It is a social media platform for sending and receiving messages, images, video calls, etc.
Effect of deactivating your Whatsapp account
Note the following tips before you go ahead to delete your account. This is exactly what you are about to do and what happens after the actions.
- You will no longer have an account with Whatsapp
- Your messages will be deleted.
- Your Google Drive backup will be deleted.
- Your message history will be erased.
- Your friend list will be deleted as well.
Furthermore, as long as you have deleted such an account cannot be restored despite it takes up to 90 days to delete totally. At this time, you will not be able to access your data. The same will be applicable to another Facebook platform that has your personal information. This is dangerous but instead, we recommend you deactivate your account then deleting it. But ensure you backup your data before anything.
How do I backup my Whatsapp Data?
Before deleting your account, you may wish to backup your files. Follow the below steps to backup your Whatsapp account for your android and iOS.
- Open your Whatsapp app and move to the top right.
- Click on the three vertical dots.
- Move to settings > chats > chat backup.
- Click on backup over and chose the network you want to use (Wi-Fi or personal data).
- Click on the Backup button to backup with
Backup on iOS/iPhone
With the below steps, you can switch to automatically backup mode
- Launch your device.
- Move to the settings widget and tap on your name/profile picture
- Click on the iCloud
- Narrow down a bit and locate Whatsapp and make sure the toggle switch is set on. It will turn green
How to permanently delete your Whatsapp account
Deleting your Whatsapp account is a way to permanently remove your Whatsapp account from the server as well as other related data.
For android devices
- Open Whatsapp application
- Tap on the three-dot vertical lines at the right corner of the page.
- Tap on the “Account” tab.
- Click on the “ Delete My Account” option
- Key in your full phone number and tap on the red link “Delete My Account button
- Your account will be duly completely deleted.
For iOS device
- Go to your Whatsapp app
- Open the app and click on the “Account”
- Next, click on the “Delete My Account” option
- Review the warning, key in your full phone number and click “Delete My Account” option
- Your account will be deleted