There are times when you may need to clear your browser search bar. Clearing the history search bar for Firefox and Microsoft Edge entails:
Clearing the Search Bar History in Firefox
With Firefox, Mozilla’s flagship browser, you can delete sites on a case-by-case basis from the search bar or delete your entire search history at once.
Microsoft Edge, browsing data, and privacy
https://support.microsoft.com › en-us › windows › micr…
The new Microsoft Edge helps you browse, search, shop online, and more. Like all modern browsers, Microsoft Edge lets you collect and store specific data on …
How To Clear History on Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge
https://www.hellotech.com › … › Articles › Computers
This step-by-step guide will show you how to clear your browser history on Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and the new Microsoft Edge to speed up …
Delete browsing, search and download history on Firefox
https://support.mozilla.org › en-US › delete-browsing-s…
Learn what information is stored in your Firefox history and how to clear all or part of it if you are using a public or shared computer.
Clearing Internet Browser History | LeadingAge Minnesota
https://www.leadingagemn.org › clearing-internet-brow…
Microsoft Edge is the default browser in Windows 10, replacing Internet Explorer on new computers. Clear Edge history. To view your Edge browsing history
Deleting sites on a case by case basis on the desktop
This method can be used to delete URLs from your search history one at a time. It is done by:
- Open a Firefox window and type in the address bar
- Navigate to the URL you intend to delete using the key board’s arrow keys
- With the URL highlighted, press Shift + Delete. The URL goes from the search bar history.
Deleting your entire search history in Firefox on desktop
Wiping your search history clean entails:
- Open a Firefox window and select Library from the top menu bar. The library icon looks like four books on a shelf
- Secondly, Select History
- Select Clear Recent History
- Then, Select the Time range to Clear drop-down menu and choose Everything
- Finally, Select OK to clear search history
Deleting Search history in the Firefox Mobile App
On the mobile app, search history can be deleted in the Firefox settings. This is carried out by:
- Firstly, Tap Menu in the lower-right corner
- Secondly, Tap your Library
- Thirdly, Tap History from the bottom menu
- Lastly, Tap Clear Recent History
5.Tap EVERYTHING to delete the entire search history or choose the last hour, today, and yesterday.
Clearing the Search history in Microsoft Edge
One can delete search all at once on Microsoft Edge but cannot delete the entries individually. Deleting search entries all at once involves:
- Open the Edge window and select Settings and More in the upper-right corner
- Secondly, Select Settings
- Thirdly, Select Privacy, Search and Services
- Select Choose What to Clear under Clear browsing data
- Select Browsing history. Check box and select Clear Now and search history gets deleted.
Turning off Address Bar Search Suggestions on Edge
You can turn off the feature that allows Edge to offer site suggestions when you type a URL or a query. In doing this, you can receive search suggestions from your favorites and search history.
To turn off the address bar search, we:
- Open an Edge window and select Settings and More in the upper-right corner
- Select Settings
- Select Privacy
- Move down to Services and Select Address bar and Search
- Put the Switch to Off next to Show me Search and Site suggestions using my typed characters. With this, you won’t see the search engine suggestions.
Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Wikipedia, LinkedIn, Pinterest